In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast, we’re joined by Elena Kyria, a talent acquisition specialist and CEO of Elemed. Elena delves into what it takes to climb the career ladder in the medtech industry, whether you're early or late in your career journey. Our host, Etienne Nichols, engages in a rich discussion on career paths, leveraging personal strengths, and the importance of networking and personal branding.
- "If you're not talking about the value that you add, how is anybody going to know what impact you're having?" - Elena Kyria
- "Everything's uncertain really, isn't it? What you've got to have is a clear sense of forwards and just have a goal." - Elena Kyria
- "Nobody goes to the gym and looks at the weights and gets fit. You have to do the reps." - Elena Kyria
- Networking is Key: It's not just what you know, but who knows you and what they know you're doing.
- Visibility of Achievements: Share your successes within your company; if you don't, others may not recognize your contributions.
- Defining Success: Success doesn't always mean reaching the VP level; it's about personal satisfaction and contribution.
- Strengths and Weaknesses: Focus on your strengths but be aware of your weaknesses and compensate with your team.
- Career Paths: Understand the different career paths (leadership, expert, generalist) and what they entail for growth.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills are paramount for leadership and for translating technical details to a broader audience.
- Continuous Learning: Always seek new knowledge and experiences, no matter where you are in your career.
- Adaptability: Be prepared to pivot and adapt to changes within the industry and your career.
- Take Action: Don't just reflect on advice; apply it to make actual changes in your career approach.
Remember to engage with the hosts and guests on LinkedIn for feedback and further discussions.
Don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
*Interested in sponsoring an episode? Use this form and let us know!