Greenlight Guru Acquires CanvasGT: A Fire(less)side Chat
How can early-stage medical device companies improve product quality, increase creativity, get to market faster, and increase new product introduction success for safer and more effective medical devices? A one of a kind solution brought to you by Greenlight Guru and CanvasGT that enables a collaborative, creative, and iterative process while seamlessly capturing design history along the way.
In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast host and founder Jon Speer along with co-host and medical device guru Etienne Nichols are joined by Andrew DiMeo, CEO and founder of CanvasGT, to discuss the recent announcement of Greenlight Guru's acquisition of CanvasGT.
Listen to Jon, Etienne, and Andrew discuss the value the acquisition will bring to medical device innovators around the world by enabling a collaborative, creative, and iterative process during the pre-design control phase.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Andrew has been in the medical device industry for about 25 years. His design background started in the New York City motion picture industry, but he also studied biomedical engineering.
- CanvasGT brings a collaborative process that seamlessly and automatically combines a virtual whiteboard, spreadsheet application, and visual frameworks to organize thoughts for a business model.
- Andrew explains the concept of “Genius of the And” as two opposing forces that seem to be in contrast with each other. They need to make some sort of compromise. Instead of this or that, maximize both for a product to be successful.
- Jon describes CanvasGT’s solution and workflow as a way to bridge the gap between conveying a potential solution for an unmet need or problem.
- CanvasGT implements best practices of design thinking. Be creative, do your work, and capture notes/changes. When you are ready, you will be ready!
- The temptation for investment in the medical device industry is great, so why not be on the same team and finance a business by being with a strategic partner.
- Jon predicts that medical device product developers using CanvasGT can generate speed cost effectively without sacrificing or compromising quality.
Memorable quotes from this episode:
“The whole entirety of my career has been trying to bring this creative energy that I really started my career with and the pragmatic side of medical device product development.” Andrew DiMeo
“We’re living in an era of multi-site, real-time collaboration.” Andrew DiMeo
“This ensures the mission. We’ve got synergistic vision to improve quality of life.” Andrew DiMeo
“There’s still a lot of opportunity, and that’s our mission at Greenlight - continue to solve problems that address the needs of medical device professionals.” Jon Speer