Shaking Things Up: What's Next for the Global Medical Device Podcast
Global Medical Device Podcast host and founder of Greenlight Guru, Jon Speer, always says he has the best job in the world. He gets to talk to amazing medical device professionals and hear about amazing products and technology improving the quality of life. Now, there’s an opportunity to take the most listened to podcast in the medical device industry in a new direction by introducing a second voice to the show to share a variety of contexts and perspectives around the why behind what we do that matters.
In this episode Jon is joined by Etienne Nichols, a medical device guru at Greenlight Guru and Jon’s new co-host of the Global Medical Device Podcast. This is a must-listen-to episode, offering details into this exciting news and other key thoughts and observations Jon and Etienne share about the medical device industry.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- Etienne is passionate about the medical device industry and decided to join Greenlight Guru to help make things better, such as documentation.
- Guru Edge: Greenlight Guru is the only medical device system platform for the medical device industry built by actual medical device professionals.
- Greenlight Guru runs the gamut and covers everything from electrical and mechanical to packaging and production. There’s more medical device experience at Greenlight Guru than at most medical device companies.
- In the future, Etienne predicts that data-driven decision making involving patients will be one of the biggest trends or themes in the medical device industry.
- Jon is anticipating the convergence or blending of technology with everyday devices (i.e., wellness wearables). The lines between what is and is not a medical device are blurry.
- The COVID pandemic has created opportunities for innovation in healthcare. Wellness, telehealth, and home-use products have become more common and make patients more comfortable.
- Etienne has experienced highs and lows with the FDA in the past. Now, he appreciates and is thankful for FDA regulations as guardrails, not limitations, that are flexible and open to interpretation.
- The FDA’s job is to protect and promote the health of U.S. citizens. It not only covers medical devices, but many other areas. It’s an awesome responsibility that encourages collaboration and communication.
Memorable quotes from this episode:
“When I came to Greenlight Guru, part of what kind of led me here, was the desire for things to be better.” Etienne Nichols
“No one guru has all the answers on our team, self included." Jon Speer
“I’m excited about all the different ways the medical device industry is going to be improving our lives in the future.” Etienne Nichols
“The more data that can be behind a decision, I love that.” Etienne Nichols