Hungry for medical device industry knowledge? Greenlight Guru has you covered — now, medical device professionals can enjoy additional, sought-after training courses in the already popular educational platform, Greenlight Guru Academy, through a new partnership with Medical Device HQ.
In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast, Jon Speer talks to Peter Sebelius, the founder and CEO of Medical Device HQ.
Together, Peter and Jon discuss the importance of online learning and providing access to relevant, role-based training for medical device professionals. Listen now to understand the true value-add of this partnership and the further learning opportunities it brings the medical device industry.
Some highlights of this episode include:
- Peter finds the process of developing or creating something new is almost as exciting as doing the actual technical work.
- Also, Peter believes that blended courses are helpful because people get to learn at their own pace and validate their understanding of the content through formative assessments and evaluations.
- Why are we doing these things? The FDA requires regulations and standards to be met for good reasons. It’s motivation to be meaningful.
- Peter started his career in the defense industry, which is good at structured product development. However, he transitioned to the medical device industry to go from taking lives to giving life.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has put more emphasis on online learning, which is useful and remains a trend.
Memorable Quotes from Peter Sebelius:
“The process of developing something or creating something new is almost as exciting as doing the actual technical work.”
“Being able to work in an industry where both those two things are important is such a privilege for me.”
“Unfortunately, quite a lot of people that are instructors in this industry will forget all the good things. We’re doing the things that the requirements tell us to do.”